Why is hemp fuel so desirable?
* Hemp fuel is manufactured from the cannabis plant, the non-psychotropic cousin to marijuana. Easily grown, hemp requires little to no pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizer.
* Hemp is renewable. Unlike fossil fuels, hemp is easily replenished AND healthy for the environment. One acre of hemp can produce as much paper as 4 acres of trees; in addition, hemp can be harvested every 90 days.
* Hemp fuel is biodegradable and non-toxic. Hemp fuel spills do not harm the earth. In fact, they would act more as a fertilizer than a hazardous spill.
* Hemp fuel burns cleanly; it does not cause create large amounts of carbon monoxide or hydrocarbons. *This brings up a good point. We have gone from a ‘carbohydrate’ society to a ‘carbon’ society. Biofuels and natural, clean materials were pushed aside and replaced by carbon products – fossil fuel-based and chemical-based products that harm the air and environment, and health.
* Hemp stalks are rich in cellulose and are an excellent choice for combustible fuel.
Hemp biomass for fuel is the ideal solution for weaning off of foreign and domestic fossil fuels. Clean, safe, and environmentally friendly, hemp fuel IS the fuel of the past, present, and future.
NOW is the time.