1. The original Levi Strauss jeans were made from hemp fibers.
2. The fiber from 1 acre of hemp (which matures in 100 days) is equivalent to 4 acres of trees (which take decades to mature).
3. Most of the bird seed sold in the U.S. has hemp seed in it
4. HEMP IS THE NUMBER ONE biomass producer on the planet. It produces ten tons per acre in about a four month period. It is a woody plant containing 77% cellulose (wood has 60% cellulose).
5. All products manufactured from hemp are biodegradable.
6. A hemp shirt in 1776 cost 50 cents to one dollar; a cotton shirt cost 100-200 dollars.
7. The first Bibles were made from hemp.
8. Vincent Van Gogh’s paintings were done on hemp canvas.
9. Hemp is an amazing medicine, treating disorders and diseases such as Crohn’s, Tourette’s, Parkinson’s, depression, bipolar, diabetes, cancer, asthma, heart disease, and many more.
10. Hemp fuel emits 80% less carbon dioxide than fossil fuels, and almost 100% less sulfur dioxide.
11. Hemp is 35% dietary fiber, the highest of all flour grains (and is gluten-free).
12. Hemp is mold-, mildew-, pest-, and insect-repellent.
13. Hemp fabric is UV resistant and will not break down in sunlight.
14. Hemp is the richest source of polyunsaturated fatty acids. With a content of approximately 80%, it is also high in essential amino acids and GLA.
15. A historical note: “Even in England, the much-sought-after prize of full British citizenship was bestowed by a decree of the crown on foreigners who would grow cannabis, and fines were often levied against those who refused.” (The Emperor Wears No Clothes)
16. Alice In Wonderland was originally printed on hemp paper.
17. The hardiness of the hemp plant and the nutritional benefits could eradicate world starvation.
18. Bio-diesel emissions have lower levels of PAH and nitrited PAH compounds (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons), which are shown to possibly cause cancer.
19. Hemp is a non-toxic alternative cleaner compared to chemical-based househ0ld cleansers.
20. Of the millions of edible plants on the planet earth, no other can compare nutritionally to the value of hempseeds.