More and more people are becoming conscious of their health and the types of food they put into their bodies. There is a movement to go back to organic.
Our nation became one of convenience. Life became busier and more hectic, and we turned to processed, canned, and quick-to-fix chemical laden foods. Most of these foods are full of chemicals, salt, starches, and preservatives. Many of them also have the nutrients cooked out of them, so they are considered empty calories.
Superfoods are coming to the forefront. But what exactly is a superfood? Superfoods are foods that are extremely rich in nutrients, even to the point that they help treat/heal/prevent disease, and keep the body healthy and at it’s optimum performance.
Hemp seed is an excellent superfood. It is very high in protein, it has all the essential amino acids needed by the human body, and is full of vitamins, minerals, lecithin, chlorophyll, and good fats.
Here is a nutritional breakdown of the hemp seed: (Nutiva.com)
* All 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce.
* A high protein percentage of the simple proteins that strengthen immunity and fend off toxins.
* Eating hemp seeds in any form could aid, if not heal, people suffering from immune deficiency diseases. This conclusion is supported by the fact that hemp seed has been used to treat nutritional deficiencies brought on by tuberculosis, a severe nutrition blocking disease that causes the body to waste away.3
* Nature’s highest botanical source of essential fatty acid, with more essential fatty acid than flax or any other nut or seed oil.
* A perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 Linoleic Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid – for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune system.
* A superior vegetarian source of protein considered easily digestible.
* A rich source of phytonutrients, the disease-protective element of plants with benefits protecting your immunity, bloodstream, tissues, cells, skin, organs and mitochondria.
* The richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids
Hemp seed is an excellent addition to the diet, especially for those looking to add superfoods to their daily meals.